Schoox allows you to organize your company almost any way you need. There are three organizational levels that can be associated with each other in a variety of ways.
- Units represent locations, stores, or business units.
- Above Units represent areas, organizations, or people that are connected to the units.
- Jobs cover the different roles individuals have anywhere in the hierarchy.
Step 1 - Set Up Above Units
To set up your company’s Above Units, click Admin. Then, on the left, click Members.
Finally, click Set up Organization.
Before adding any actual Above Units, you must first define the type of Above Units there are in your company.
Under Above Units, and the Define Type of Above Units sub-tab, add new Types of Above Units into the space provided, and click Add.
A Management Job (covered later) will automatically be created for each type of Above Unit created.
Give each new Type of Above Unit’s associated Managerial Job its appropriate permissions.
Each adjustment is automatically saved.
Types of Permissions
- Reporting: Users can access the reporting dashboard but will be limited to see only units and above units under his or her authorization.
- Manage Members: Users can edit existing user associations (Limited to users under their authorization.), such as:
- Add/ Remove Units: Users can edit jobs as well as the associated (Above) units
- Users' Deactivations
- Edit User: Permission to edit Firstname, Lastname, Preferred Language and Custom additional fields.
- Change Password: Users are able to change the password for users under their authorization.
- Edit a user’s username
- Edit a user’s email
- Assign Training: Users can assign training to employees that are in the above units or units that are under their authorization.
- Assess Members’ Performance: Users are able to rate the skill level of members.
- Add Users: Users can add and invite outside employees into the academy.
- Assess OJT Performance: Users can evaluate On the Job Training tasks. This option is available only if the "Reporting" permission is enabled.
- Bulk OJT Performance Assessment: Users can mass sign off all job training's tasks for all users under their org structure. This permission requires the "Assess OJT Performance" permission to be enabled, in order to be given.
- Share Content with Team: Users can share uploaded material within the academy.
- Send Announcements: Users can post announcements to those within their authority.
- Create Events: Users can create Instructor led Training Events and register only users within their authority.
- Register Members to Events: Users can register members to scheduled events on behalf of those members. Limited only to users only under their authorization.
- Manage Event Members: Users can manage event members and edit their attendance data.
- Create Course: Users can create courses and assign them only to users within their authority.
- Create Curriculum: Users can create courses and assign them only to users within their authority.
- Create Group: Users can create and manage groups.
- Business Impact: Users are able to access the Business Impact feature within Schoox and monitor the impact of Training on business growth for the organizational part limited under their authority.
- Delete Exam Attempt: Users are able to delete the last exam attempt for users within their authority. This option is available only if the "Reporting" permission is enabled.
- Complete training: Users are able to mark as completed the training material for users within their authority. This option is available only if the "Reporting" permission is enabled.
- Bulk Complete Training: to mark a Course or Curricula as completed in bulk for multiple users. This option is available only if the "Complete Training" permission is enabled.
- Override ILT Seats Limit: Users are able to override the seats limit defined for an event and register extra members. This option is available only if the "Register Members to Events" permission is enabled.
- Register Members to Events After The Registration Deadline: Users have the option to register members to past events. This option is available only if the "Register Members to Events" permission is enabled.
- Create & Assign Goal: Users are able to create and assign organizational or emloyees goals to the members of their academy in order to achieve the target goals they have set for their organization.
- Purchase Courses: Users have the option to purchase courses from the Marketplace. This option is available only if the "Assign Training" permission is enabled.
- View posts to Wall: Users are able to view the Wall posts.
- Post Updates to Wall: Users are able to make their own posts to the Academy Wall.
- Edit Exams Score: Users are able to edit the exam-score for users under their authorization.
- Approve self-enrollment requests: Users have the option to approve (or not) the pending enrollment requests.
Add Above Units
Also under Above Units, and the Add Above Units sub-tab, type new Above Units into the space provided, and click Add.
Then, select to which type the new Above Unit is associated using the drop-down menu to the left. Adjustments will automatically be saved.
Step 2 - Set Up Units
To set up your company’s Units, click Admin. Then, on the left, click Members.
Finally, click Set up Organization. Under Units, and the Add Units sub-tab, type new Units into the space provided, and click Add.
Then, associate them with one or more Above Units by selecting the appropriate Above Unit from the drop-down menus. Repeat as often as needed. Adjustments will be automatically saved.
Set Unit Permissions
Under Units, and the Set Permission sub-tab, set the permissions for the Managerial Units listed here, as you did with the Above Unit Managerial Jobs earlier.
Adjustments will automatically save.
Under the Archived Units sub-tab, you can search for archived units.
Set Up Jobs
Under Jobs, you will find two categories of jobs; Management Jobs, and Non-Management Jobs
Management jobs come with configurable permissions: access to reporting, assigning courses, editing users. They are created automatically to coincide with related Above Units and cannot be edited. In particular, “Unit Manager” and “Assistant Unit Manager” are there by default, and might be given to the General Managers and Assistant General Managers, respectively. Heads of Management Jobs are added automatically when Above Unit types are added.
Non - Management jobs can be edited, added or deleted at any time.
Add new Non-Management Jobs by typing their name into the Define Job field, and click Add.
Then, you are able to assign the Management Job to whom this Non-Management Job reports using the drop-down menu.
Related articles: How can I label an Above Unit as a Brand?