Schoox allows you to organize your company almost any way you need. There are three organizational levels that can be associated with each other in a variety of ways.
- Units represent locations, stores, or business units.
- Above Units represent areas, organizations, or people that are connected to the units.
- Jobs cover the different roles individuals have anywhere in the hierarchy.
Step 1 - Set Up Above Units
To set up your company’s Above Units, click Admin. Then, on the left, click Members.
Finally, click Set up Organization.
Before adding any actual Above Units, you must first define the type of Above Units there are in your company.
Under Above Units, and the Define Type of Above Units sub-tab, add new Types of Above Units into the space provided, and click Add.
A Management Job (covered later) will automatically be created for each type of Above Unit created.
Give each new Type of Above Unit’s associated Managerial Job its appropriate permissions.
Each adjustment is automatically saved.
Types of Permissions
- Reporting: Users can access the reporting dashboard but will be limited to see only units and above units under his or her authorization.
- Manage Members: Users can edit existing user associations (e.g. editing jobs, adding associated units, deactivation of users, etc.). Limited to users under their authorization.
- Assign Courses: Users can assign courses to employees that are in the above units or units that are under their authorization.
- Access to API: This is a very advanced permission setting where the user will be given the power to integrate other tools with data from their academy.
- Access Members’ Performance: Users are able to rate the skill level of members.
- Add Users: Users can add and invite outside employees into the academy.
- Assess OTJ Performance: Users can evaluate On the Job Training tasks.
- Share Content with Team: Users can share uploaded material within the academy.
- Register Members to Events: Users can register members to scheduled events on behalf of those members. Limited only to users only under their authorization.
- Send Announcements: Users can post announcements to those within their authority.
Create Private Course: Users can create private courses and assign them only to users within their authority.
- Create Events: Users can create Instructor led Training Events and register only users within their authority.
- Business Impact: Users are able to access the Business Impact feature within Schoox and monitor the impact of Training on business growth for the organizational part limited under their authority.
Add Above Units
Also under Above Units, and the Add Above Units sub-tab, type new Above Units into the space provided, and click Add.
Then, select to which type the new Above Unit is associated using the drop-down menu to the left. Adjustments will automatically be saved.
Step 2 - Set Up Units
To set up your company’s Units, click Admin. Then, on the left, click Members.
Finally, click Set up Organization. Under Units, and the Add Units sub-tab, type new Units into the space provided, and click Add.
Then, associate them with one or more Above Units by selecting the appropriate Above Unit from the drop-down menus. Repeat as often as needed. Adjustments will be automatically saved.
Set Unit Permissions
Under Units, and the Set Permission sub-tab, set the permissions for the Managerial Units listed here, as you did with the Above Unit Managerial Jobs earlier.
Adjustments will automatically save.
Under the Archived Units sub-tab, you can search for archived units.
Set Up Jobs
Under Jobs, you will find two categories of jobs; Management Jobs, and Non-Management Jobs
Management jobs come with configurable permissions: access to reporting, assigning courses, editing users. They are created automatically to coincide with related Above Units and cannot be edited. In particular, “Unit Manager” and “Assistant Unit Manager” are there by default, and might be given to the General Managers and Assistant General Managers, respectively. Heads of Management Jobs are added automatically when Above Unit types are added.
Non - Management jobs can be edited, added or deleted at any time.
Add new Non-Management Jobs by typing their name into the Define Job field, and click Add.
Then, you are able to assign the Management Job to whom this Non-Management Job reports using the drop-down menu.
Related articles: How can I label an Above Unit as a Brand?