You can control who has access to the Events in a category by adding specific permissions in your category. These permissions can be set per Event category, based on jobs and your academy’s organizational structure. Simply put, you are able to create rules per user’s job in each category.
Here's the simple procedure you need to follow. First, hover over Training in the upper navigation bar and then select the Events tab from the sub-menu to go to your Events Catalog. Then, select an Events category and click on the “small wrench” icon in front of the category's title. A set of functions will appear allowing you to
1. Change Permissions,
2. Rename the Category,
3. Add a subcategory
4. Delete the category.
By clicking the "Locker" icon, the following screen will be displayed allowing you to add or modify permissions for the category. Admins and Training Managers have access to all categories with no specific permissions required.
Give the permissions you want to Content Managers or All Employees by clicking on the relevant checkbox.
You can also choose specific jobs and give permissions to specific units and above units. To do so, click on the Add Job/ Unit Criteria option and select the desired job(s), above unit(s) and unit(s).
1. Click on "view selected" to easily filter only the selected values.
2. If you click on the "All" option one time, you will select all current and future items. By clicking twice on the "All" option, you will select all the current options allowing you to deselect some of the selected options if needed.
Finally, save to update the category!
Important Tips to Remember:
* A category now presents the events of all its subcategories.
* If you delete a category, all events included will be listed in the "Without Category" section under Categories.
* If you delete a subcategory, all events included will be listed in the parent category.