Users with Admin rights, Training managers and users with the Create Curriculum permission enabled can create corporate curricula in their academy!
If you have these rights, the procedure is quite easy. Hover over Training in your academy navigation bar, click on Curricula and then Create Curricula.
Once you click on the Create Curricula button, you will be directed to the Course Catalogue. To include courses in your new curriculum, drag and drop them into the Create Curriculum block at the bottom of the page.
Click Save to go to the panel where you can give the curriculum a Title, Description, and you can edit several settings regarding the curriculum.
1. First you can give the curriculum a Title, a Description and place it under the preferred Curricula Category. Moreover, you can add some learning goals or some tags to find your curriculum easier!
2. You can select if you want this curriculum to award a certificate. If you select "No" then no certificate will be awarded to the users that complete this course. If you select "Yes" then a certificate will be awarded to the users. You can edit the certificate settings following the next step.
3. If you have selected the curriculum to award a certificate then you have the following options:
a) You can set a Certificate Expiration Period in x months if you want to:
You can specify if the Certificate expiration period is set upon the Enrollment or the Completion date.
(Please note that the Certificate expiration period counts always from the day of completion. However, when the expiration period at the date of enrollment is A months and before the user completes the curriculum you edit it to B months you can choose from this setting what the certificate expiration period will be for this user. It can be either A (i.e. value at the enrollment date) or B -i.e. value at the completion date.)
b) You can also set that the certificate should be expired every x year(s) on a specific day. If you select this option, an extra set will be available where you can define that “If the user completes the course X months before the certificate expiration, the certificate expiration period will be shifted to next year".
Based on the example shown in the above screenshot, if a user completes the course on 11/15/2020, his certificate will not be expired on 01/01/2021 but on 01/01/2022. Please keep in mind that this setting doesn't work retroactively.
c) Choose if you want the Curriculum to be reassigned before the relevant certificate expires.
4. You have the option to define which should be the type of your curriculum. Curricula types are by default Multi-course, meaning that curricula include a range of courses in which users are enrolled. You also have the option to select the Multi-language type if you have a course in different languages and you want the users to be able to choose.
5. You can select to set your curriculum as a compliance curriculum.
Read more: How Can I Manage My Academy's Compliance Curricula?
6. You can select whether the curriculum completion date will be determined by the courses in the curriculum that users completed on their own or were completed by the admin. The Curriculum Completion Date setting has three options.
Curriculum completion date will be determined by courses of the curriculum that:
- users completed on their own or were completed by admin: This is the default option, which will set the completion date based on the last course completed, independently of if it was completed by user or admin.
- users completed on their own. In this case, the courses that were completed by the admin and not by the user will be ignored when the curriculum completion date is calculated.
- were completed by admin. In this case, the courses that were completed by the user and not by admin, will be ignored when the curriculum completion date is calculated.
Please note that in all cases, the curriculum completion date will be the date that the last course was completed. However, based on the setting, the course taken into account for curriculum completion may be the last course completed by admin, the last course completed by the user or the last course completed in general.
Click on the Save button when finished.
Once your Curriculum is created, you will be able to download a PDF with all the information for your Curriculum, by clicking "Download Info" on the main Curriculum page. This PDF contains information on the curriculum and its courses, such as their names and descriptions.