Creating courses in Schoox is very easy.
1. Introduction: A few words about courses in Schoox
Courses can consist of as many lectures as you want. You can use video files, powerpoint presentations (ppt, pptx), documents (doc, docx, pdf) or even SCORM packages (SCORM 1.2). You can also use web content like YouTube, Vimeo or TED videos, slideshare presentations or any web page. For the most popular content sites like YouTube, Vimeo and Slideshare we keep full track of the learner's progress, and provide the instructor with analytic data about the behavior of the learner in the lecture.
2. Getting Started: Creating your Corporate Online Course
The easiest way to start creating an academy course is to click on the big Create Course button on your Academy's My Courses page under Training tab.
Tip: You can find the Create Course button on all pages that have courses in Schoox (e.g. your personal course page, public course page etc). When you click the Create Course button you will be driven to Edit Info the page, where you then can give basic info about your course.
If you are an Academy professional instructor, you can set a price for the course on this page. If not you can ask your Admin to give you this authority.
- If you have the authorization to create courses for an Academy, you will be given the option to decide about the ownership of the course. Once you have chosen the ownership and saved, this cannot be undone. The course will be connected permanently with your Academy.
- When you connect a course with your Academy, the logo of the course will appear on the Course Card.
3. Adding Content / Lectures
As soon as you click Save, the system creates your online course. You are then ready to both add content and invite people to enroll. See topic " How can I add lectures to a Course".
4. Publishing your Course
By default your course is in private and invite only mode. To make your course visible either to the entire community or to a certain group of people (the latter is only for Academy courses) you have to publish it by clicking the Private button.
- Your course needs at least one visible lecture to be published.
- If you choose to connect a course with an Academy, the Academy will become the owner of the course and reserves all the rights. If you leave the Academy for any reason the course will be disconnected from you as an instructor and will be assigned to another corporate member of this Academy.