In Schoox, you have the option to assign training to an academy group. Let's check who has this option and which is the process in more detail!
Who can Assign to a Group
Users with Admin rights or Group creators with the Assign Training permission enabled can assign courses/curricula to an academy group.
An Admin can select any of the existing academy groups while a manager has the right to select only the groups that he has created.
Upon assignment, Schoox automatically excludes from the To assign list some individuals based on the following:
- If an Admin assigns a course/curriculum to a group that he is also a member of, he will be excluded from the To assign list.
- If a Group Creator assigns a course to a group, the system excludes automatically the individuals that this Group Creator has no permission to assign to.
- If an individual - member of a group is already enrolled in the selected course, he will not be included in the To assign list.
To find the Assign Training page, head to the Administration Panel, click on Online Training, and then select Assign Training. From this page, you can select to assign either a Course or a Curriculum, based on the tab you select.
First, you need to select if you want to assign a Course or a Curriculum. Once you decide click on the relevant tab. The process you will follow from this point on is the same for a Course or a Curriculum.
You can find the training you want to assign easier using the search bar. You also have the ability to select a specific Category or Decentralized Category, to further filter your results. Once you find it click on its name to select it!
After the desired training is selected, it is time for the academy group selection, through the Group assignment option.
To assign a group to this course/curriculum, simply click the Plus symbol next to the group name in the left-hand column. The name of the group will then appear in the right-hand Selected column.
To remove a group from the list, click the Minus symbol.
You have the choice to either make this a one-time assignment and/or set up an auto-assignment rule that will automatically assign individuals who join these groups in the future.
Before assigning or setting up a rule, you can select to give the users a due date by typing in either the number of days in which they have to complete the course or a specific date by which the course needs to be completed.
Please note that once you add value for the due date field, you will see an extra checkbox to “Unassign users once the due date is missed''. If selected, each user who is included in this assignment will be automatically unassigned from the course once their due date passes.
If the training you selected to assign has prerequisites, an "Assign Prerequisites" checkbox will appear. If you check this option, then all prerequisites of this training (courses or curricula) will also be assigned to the selected users.
If the training you selected to assign is a curriculum, and the courses of this curriculum have prerequisites, then the "Assign Prerequisites" option will also assign these prerequisites to the users.
Add a message (if you want to) and click the Assign Now button to complete the process.
If you want to proceed with creating an auto-assignment rule, check the Automated assignment rule checkbox. By selecting the automated assignment rule option, you make sure that the process will automatically assign individuals who join these groups in the future.
If the Automated Assignment Rule option is checked then to complete the process you have two options:
1) Assign Now & Set Rule: By having the Assign Now option checked and clicking Set Rule, you select to Assign the users that are currently members of the selected groups and set a rule to assign new members in the future.
2) Set Rule: If you do not select the Assign Now option, this means that the users that are currently members of the selected groups will not be assigned to the training and you will only set a rule for future members.