In this article, you will find some frequently asked questions about the Report Builder, as well as some tips and tricks that will help you better understand the Report Builder functionality!
Q1: I tried to create a scheduled report for others but I noticed that I cannot find the managers that I wanted to add as recipients.
The recipients' list is populated with the users that match either of the following criteria:
● are academy Admins or Training Managers
● have the Reporting permission enabled and are able to see information related with the
(Above) Unit that the report is for (based on their org-structure)
Please note that if you attempt to schedule a report with no specific org structure selected, only Admins and Training Managers will be populated as possible recipients.
Q2: I tried to download a report that my Admin created and I received a blank report.
Managers are able to download every public report, but they are not able to see the data from
other Above Units or Units not connected to their Above Unit.
● The Academy Admin created a Courses Report for Course “Customer Service” & All Above Units/Units.
● The Head of Above Unit A has the reporting permission enabled.
● The Head of Above Unit A tries to download the Courses Report that the Admin created.
● However, due to the fact that none of the users under Above Unit A is enrolled in the “Customer Service” course, the report will be a blank one.
Q3: Why can I not save my report as a public one?
By default, only Private reports can be related to a specific Unit/ Above Unit. So if you have selected a specific organizational structure for your report, you will not be able to save it as a public one.
Q4: When I receive a report via an email and I click on the download button, the report is not immediately downloaded, it redirects me to the login page.
By default, a user is not allowed to download reports that were created under Report Builder, without
actually being logged into Schoox first. So, in order to receive your report, you should log in to your account first.
Q5: Is there a report that will show me all the available reports and fields?
Yes, there is! Under the main Report Builder page, click on the Create New Report button. On this page, you can select to download the Reports' Index, which is a report that includes all the available reports in Report Builder, along with extra information about them, as well as their fields. Just click the Download Reports' Index button, on the top left of the page!
Q6: When can a Report be downloaded from the UI and when is it sent via email?
- If you select more than one items from the Report Options, then the report will be sent to you via email.
- If you select one item from the Report Options but the users of the selected organizational criteria are more than 5000 then the report will be sent to you via email.
- There are some reports such as the Users Steps Course Report and Leaderboards Ranking Report, that are by default set up to be sent via email.
Q7: Is there a report that will show me all the above units of any types that are directly or indirectly associated with the users?
- “Direct associations” for an above unit type show the above units of this type which are directly connected to the user.
- “Indirect associations” for an above unit type show the above units of this type to which the units of the user are connected.
Q8: I have added all Units and Above Units in my Report, though some Above Units don't populate, why is that and how can I fix this?
You have to select the fields "Above Unit Type" & "Above Unit" in the Report to achieve the result you want.
As an example, if you have an Above Unit Type = "Supervisor"
The "Supervisor" column will be populated with the names of the Above Units (of type Supervisor) which are connected with the Units that each user has assigned. However, in order to achieve the result you want to, you can try to add the following fields instead:
Read more: How to use the Report Builder?