In Schoox, sometimes, you need to copy a course. Here is how you can easily do so.
Please note: This functionality is available only for users with Admin rights, Course Instructors and Training Managers with the relevant permission enabled (Advanced Academy Settings- Who can edit Academy Courses).
Locate the course you need to copy under “Training” tab in the navigation bar.
Under the course name, click on “Manage course” field.
In the course panel on the left, go to "Edit Course" and click on "Copy Course".
You can also decide what elements you need to copy after you click on “Copy Course”:
If you are an Admin and you wish for a notification about when the copy process has started and when the process has finished being sent out, you have to navigate to the Academy notifications and enable this setting.
If you enable this setting, once the process has started you will see a notification stating that the process has begun.
The process will be completed in the background and after a few seconds, you will receive another notification stating that the process has finished.
Upon clicking this notification you will be redirected to the new course panel, where you can adjust the course settings.
You can also receive email notifications about when the copy process has finished. As an admin, you have to navigate to the Academy notifications and enable this setting. Upon enabling you will receive an email notification once the copy has finished.
- It is possible to copy a course either in the same academy or to another one. However, course events are not being copied from one academy to another as each event (course connected or standalone) is directly associated with the academy's Org structure.
- In addition, if you are copying from one academy to another please check that the above-mentioned notification settings are enabled in both academies.
1. For example, if you copy a course from Academy A to Academy B and the email notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive an email stating that the copy has finished.
2. This applies to the in-app notifications as well. If you copy a course from Academy A to Academy B and the in-app notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive the relevant notification stating that the process has finished.
- It is not an instant action and it takes time depending on the system load at the time you copy the course.