You, as an Admin, are able to add multiple users to a specific (Above) Unit at once.
To do so, select Admin in the upper navigation bar. On the left, under Members, select Associate Units to Users option.
Filter your list or search for a specific (Above) Unit, using the relevant search bar. Click the appropriate name to select that individual.
On the Select Users page, where you will be given the option to associate the selected (Above) Unit either to specific employees (Individual Association) or to a group of employees based on their job and location (Advanced Association).
You can find individuals easier using the search field and drop-down filter menus.
To add an individual to the selected (Above)Unit, simply click on the Plus symbol next to his/her name in the left-hand column. His/her name will then appear in the right-hand Selected column. To remove an individual from the list, click on the Minus symbol.
You also have the option to select an Expiration Date for this association. If you add an expiration date, the users who are associated with the selected structure from this process will automatically be disassociated from it once the expiration date passes.
Don't forget to click on the blue Associate button at the bottom of your page to complete the process!
You can also associate a Unit / Above Unit to one or more groups of people based on their job and location. Moreover, you can create an association rule to associate future/past hires automatically.
Under Advanced Association, select the specific job to which you want to apply this association.
Then, select both the desired Above Units and Units in their respective columns, filtering using the drop-down menus, if needed. The number of individuals affected will appear below.
You have the choice of either associating the Unit to this group of users this one time and/or setting up a rule that will automatically associate individuals under these parameters in the future.
- Check Automated Association Rule to make this association a rule for future members.
- Check Exclude existing academy members if you ONLY want this to pertain to future members, as opposed to associating it now.
- Check Dissociate when criteria are not met anymore to automatically remove users from (Above) Units once they don't match the association criteria anymore.
You also have the option to select an Expiration Date for this association. If you add an expiration date, the users who are associated with the selected structure from this process will be unassociated from it once the expiration date passes.
Click on the blue Associate Now/Set Rule button at the bottom of the page when finished.
- The "Dissacoiate when criteria are not met anymore" setting, will only work for users who have been assigned to the relevant (Above) Unit, through the specific rule.
- You have also the option to associate an Above Unit/ Unit to individuals that belong to more than one "group". You can create and combine multiple rules with criteria that match more than one set, by using the "Add More Associated Rules" option. Read more here: Combining (Un)Assignment Rules