In Schoox, you can see where you stand within the community or an academy. The more active you are, the more points you earn. The more points you earn, the higher your score.
Points are gathered automatically, behind the scenes, based on your role in Schoox. Others relating to your content also affect your score - for example, you earn points when someone enrolls in or comments on a course you’ve created.
As an academy administrator, you have the choice of whether or not you'd like a Leaderboard for your academy. If you want to enable this feature, go to the Academy Settings, under Advanced Settings, click on the Gamification Module and turn the Leaderboard toggle to yes.
You are now ready to check the Leaderboards that are already created for you and that you have the option to use. Moreover, you can build custom Leaderboards for your academy!
To do so, click on the Gamification tab of your Administration panel and then hit Leaderboards.
There are 7 different leaderboards that are already created for your academy: Discoverer, Collector,
Influencer, Team Builder, Learner, Social Folk, and Instructor. These leaderboards cannot be deleted but you have the option to select if you want these leaderboards to be visible or not. If you try to delete these leaderboards you will be able to see the "default" indication.
Please note: If you set a leaderboard to not be Visible, the members of your academy will not be able to see it. However, the relevant points will continue to be calculated in the background. That means, that if you decide to reactivate the leaderboard, the points will be properly awarded to users, retroactively.
To create a custom Leaderboard for your academy, just click on the green Create Leaderboard button. You can now fill in some basic information for your new Leaderboard!
- Add a Title that reflects the purpose of this Leaderboard
- Choose the Type of your Leaderboard
- Academy Leaderboard: All users will be able to see this Leaderboard and compete for it. This is a Global Leaderboard.
- Limited Leaderboard: This type of Leaderboard will be limited only to a certain population of your Academy (e.g. a certain department, a certain region etc.). Only those members will be able to see and compete for it. This is a Local Leaderboard.
- Extended: This is practically the combination of the above types. By creating a Leaderboard of this type, all users will be able to see not only the Local version of this Leaderboard but also the Global one. You also have the option to define a certain population of your Academy that will compete for it (e.g. a certain department, a certain region etc.).
- Select if you want this Leaderboard to be visible to all academy members (regardless of the Leaderboard-type). When the Academy wide view checkbox is checked, all academy members will be able to see this Leaderboard.
- Choose if you want the points from the associated activities to always count for the total gamification score of each user even if the leaderboard is set to inactive. If this setting is unselected then the points related to this leaderboard will not count for the overall score of the users. However, the points are kept in the background and once this option is reenabled, then these points will be added to the total score.
- Add the weighting factor for the total gamification score.
Note: The awarded points per leaderboard are multiplied by the respective weighting factor and sum up to the total gamification score.
- Select an icon for this new Leaderboard
- If the type of your academy was either Limited or Extended, you will have to choose which population of your Academy will compete for this leaderboard. Just select Jobs and the relevant (Above) Units.
Now you are ready to choose the activities through which members will be able to earn points for your leaderboard! Just click on the Open button, hit +Add activity, and use the dropdown menu in order to find the desired activity.
The general categories of the available activities are the following ones:
- Learner Activities
- Instructor Activities
- Content Sharing Activities
- Social Activities
Add the points you want the activity to award. For activities related to Courses or Curricula, you also have the option to select if you want All courses to award the points when this activity is completed, or only specific Selected Courses.
- The activities must have at least one role with non-zero points
- You can add as many activities as you need
- Many activities when performed provide points to multiple members, depending on their role. For example, when a member completes a course he earns points as a Learner but at the same time, you can choose for the Instructor of the course to earn points as well.
- In many activities (such as Complete a Scorm Lecture), you have the option to define the points that should be awarded per minute as well as the max points that can be awarded.
Once you have finished, click on the Save button at the bottom of the page and if you want to make the leaderboard visible, make sure that you have turned the relevant toggle to yes (Your Academy's Leaderboard page). If you want to edit a Leaderboard that you created, just click on the edit icon, next to your Leaderboard's title.
The members of your academy can now see the Leaderboard that you created and compete for it!
Please note that you, as an Admin, have the option to enable two in-app notifications that will inform the user about the points he earned for each one of the activities and motivate them to climb the rankings! You can learn more about these notifications here: Leaderboard Notifications