In Schoox, sometimes, you need to copy a curriculum. Here is how you can easily do so!
Locate the curriculum you need to copy under the Training tab in the navigation bar.
Under the curriculum name, click on the Manage curriculum.
In the curriculum panel on the left, click on the Edit Curriculum and then select Copy Curriculum.
You can also decide what elements you need to copy after you click on “Copy Curriculum”:
The elements that you can copy are the following:
- Curriculum image
You have also the option to decide if you want to create new instances of the Curricula Courses. If you decide to create new instances, the course of the copied curriculum will be independent of the respective courses in the original curriculum and progress will not be shared.
If you don't check the option to create new instances, progress in the new curriculum's courses will mirror that in the original's.
- Curriculum A is assigned to a user
- The user completes all courses within the curriculum and gets 100% Curriculum completion
If you copy Curriculum A and assigned it to the same user
- All courses within Curriculum A COPY will automatically be completed with the same completion dates as Curriculum A
- The Curriculum A COPY will also automatically be completed with the same completion date as Curriculum A
If you are an Admin and you wish for a notification about when the copy process has started and when the process has finished being sent out, you have to navigate to the Academy notifications and enable this setting.
If you enable this setting, once the process has started you will see a notification stating that the process has begun.
The process will be completed in the background and after a few seconds, you will receive another notification stating that the process has finished.
Upon clicking this notification you will be redirected to the copied Curricula page!
Please note that copied curricula will be set as private by default and they will be added under the "Without Category". Feel free to adjust the curriculum settings if needed!
You can also receive email notifications about when the copy process has finished. As an admin, you have to navigate to the Academy notifications and enable this setting. Upon enabling you will receive an email notification once the copy has finished.
- It is possible to copy a curriculum either in the same academy or to another one. However, curriculum events are not being copied from one academy to another as each event (curriculum connected or standalone) is directly associated with the academy's Org structure.
- In addition, if you are copying a curriculum from one academy to another please check that the above-mentioned notification settings are enabled in both academies.
1. For example, if you copy a curriculum from Academy A to Academy B and the email notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive an email stating that the copy has finished.
2. This applies to the in-app notifications as well. If you copy a curriculum from Academy A to Academy B and the in-app notifications for Academy B are off then you will not receive the relevant notification stating that the process has finished.
- It is not an instant action and it takes time depending on the system load at the time you copy the curriculum.