A platform like Zoom does not constantly communicate with Schoox. After creating your Live Session, you then need to tell your meeting platform of choice (Zoom/WebEx/GoToTraining/Teams) about your event. This is called initiating the event.
Initiating the event creates an event in the platform, and supplies the following information:
- Start and end time
- Participants (identifiable with email address)
Only after an event is initiated can the event be then started.
Initiating a Live Session
To initiate your Live Session, navigate to your Administration panel, and under Live Sessions select Manage Events.
Under Status, you can see your upcoming events. Click on the Initiate event button, select the account that you want to use for your event (in the pop-up window that arises) and hit Initiate.
Initiating Event — Notes
- You need to have at least one registrant to initiate the event.
- The event should be "Public".
- You have the option to cancel the initiation of an event that was done in error.
- An event can be initiated until 15mins after the start of it. However, we strongly recommend initiating the event at least 24h prior to the event start time.
- WebEx requires a password for all events. It is advisable to use a unique password for every event.
- Participants with no email address will not appear on the synced participants list. They will not have the Join button available to them, and will need to be provided the meeting information in some other way. They will also need to have their attendance manually entered.
Starting a Live Session
After the event initiation, you are ready to Start your Event. Just click on the relevant button and you will be redirected to your Zoom/ WebEx/ GoToTraining/Teams account.