Your Academy Library can be a powerful tool for you to share knowledge with the members of your Academy! Ther multiple options will help you to manage your content items in a better way, to fully utilize your Academy Library's potentials.
For each content item, you can see it's type and size, who shared it, in which category it belongs to, if it is part of a Course (as a lecture), and many more options!
Under the item's title you will notice that you have the following options available:
- Edit the content's Name, Description, and Tags
- Add an Image (either by uploading a new one or by selecting an image already uploaded in the Library)
- Save this content to a different Category/ to a specific course as a Lecture/ to another Academy.
Please note that you can save content to another Academy only if you are a member of this Academy and you have the needed permissions to upload content.
- Share this content with members or groups in your Academy. To share the content, you will be redirected to a page where you can use individual, advanced, or group share (similar to the assignments page). You can also add a message if needed. The recipients will be notified with email notification.
- Download the item. This option is available for everyone who is able to see the content.
Please note that download is not available for web pages and web videos.
- Check how many Views this content item has.
- Upload Subtitles if the content item is a video. Just upload the relevant file (ie. vtt, .srt). Please make sure that you have selected the language prior to uploading. Note: If the video is added to multiple courses, the subtitles will appear there as well.
- Delete the content item. There are two options available when deleting an item. You have the option to Delete the Library Item and you have also the option to Delete the item from all Courses that it's part of as a lecture or supplemental material. Admins, Training Managers have this option available for all items. Managers can edit only the courses that they have permission to manage/update.
If you click on More, there are more options regarding this content.
- History: This option gives you an overview of when the selected item was edited (if the file was updated or the item title was changed, etc.)
- Update File/URL: Through this option, you can upload a new version of this item.
Tip! In case you want to update a URL, please note that you do not have to add a description and tags each time you update the link. The next time that you will need to update the URL, make sure to click on the Retain Description and Tags checkbox, and then click on the Fetch button. In this way, you will not lose the information that you had already added.
- Update Course File: For more information regarding this feature, read also: How Can I Update Training Material For Multiple Courses At Once?
- Course File Image: Select the courses that need to be updated with the new lecture thumbnail.
- Update Course File Title: Select the courses that need to be updated with the new lecture title.
- Update Course File Description: Select the courses that need to be updated with the new lecture description.
- Expiration Date: This option allows you to add an Expiration Date to the content. If you set an expiration date, this content will be moved to the "Items in deleted categories" Category, once this date passes.
Please note that the "Items in deleted categories" Category is an automatically created category. When a library category is deleted, all its items are moved to this category. The same applies to expired content. In this category, everyone can see the items they uploaded and they are able to delete them permanently or move them to another category. Admins are able to see all deleted items in this category.
- Add as a Lecture: This option allows you to add the selected item as a Lecture in specific courses. Just select the relevant courses in the window that arises.
Please note that the new Lecture will not visible and you have to make it visible from the "Edit Lectures" page.
- Copy to Category: This option allows to you copy the selected item and add it in another Category.
- Private Share Link: This option generates a link, that you can share with members in your Academy.