A Curriculum is a type of training comprised of a group of courses usually on a related topic. Curricula can have multiple courses of the same language or different languages. Based on how you set them up you can have different curriculum functionalities to fit your needs!
Who can Create a Curriculum
Users with Admin rights, Training Managers and users with the Create Curriculum permission enabled can create curricula in their academy.
Please note that Training Managers should be allowed from the Academy Settings in order to be able to create Curricula. Read more on the Learning Management settings: Learning Management Academy Settings
Now let's check in more detail how you can create a Curriculum and what options you have!
Creating a Curriculum
If you have the ability to create a curriculum, the procedure is quite easy. Hover over Training in your academy navigation bar, click on Curricula and then Create Curriculum.
Once you click on the Create Curriculum button, you will be directed to the Course Catalogue. To include courses in your new curriculum, drag and drop them into the Create Curriculum block at the bottom of the page.
Once you are done click Save, and you will be redirected to the Edit Curriculum page where you will be able to set up your Curriculum's settings!
1. First up, there are some basic settings you need to define for your curriculum. You can give your curriculum a Title, a Description and place it under the Training Category you want to. Moreover, you have the option to add some learning goals or some tags so you may find your curriculum easier!
2. You can select if you want this curriculum to award a Certificate. If you select "No" then no certificate will be awarded to the users that complete this curriculum. If you select "Yes" then a certificate will be awarded to the users.
3. If you selected to award a certificate to the users who complete this curriculum, then you have the option to define the Certificate Expiration Settings to match your needs.
You can learn more here: How can I define the Certificate Expiration Settings for my Academy Curricula?
4. You should select a Default Language for your Curriculum. The users who enroll in your curriculum may be assigned to different Curriculum Courses based on the language you select here, their preferred language, and how you set up your Curricula Courses. Learn more here: Which Curriculum Courses will my Employees be Assigned to?
Please note that the Default Language cannot be changed after the curriculum is created.
5. Select the Curriculum Estimated Duration. The Curriculum aggregates total value of courses as written in the course estimated duration. However, you may override if needed
6. You can select to set your curriculum as a compliance curriculum.
Read more: How Can I Manage My Academy's Compliance Curricula?
7. You can select whether the curriculum completion date will be determined by the courses in the curriculum that users completed on their own or were completed by the admin. The Curriculum Completion Date setting has three options:
Curriculum completion date will be determined by courses of the curriculum that:
- users completed on their own or were completed by admin. This is the default option, which will set the completion date based on the last course completed, independently of if it was completed by user or admin.
- users completed on their own. In this case, the courses that were completed by the admin and not by the user will be ignored when the curriculum completion date is calculated.
- were completed by admin. In this case, the courses that were completed by the user and not by admin will be ignored when the curriculum completion date is calculated.
Please note that in all cases, the curriculum completion date will be the date that the last course was completed. However, based on the setting, the course taken into account for curriculum completion may be the last course completed by admin, the last course completed by the user, or the last course completed in general.
8. You can select for which users, an approval will be needed upon self-enrollment, so they may be able to access the course. Just click on the checkbox and select the organizational criteria these users meet.
Don't forget to click Save when finished!